Friday, April 5, 2013

Crafts before snack time!

We're coming up on the end of our spring break. We did manage to get a lot of yard work done and flower beds ready for planting more flowers. Some days are hard to get through without hearing "I'm so bored." They sure don't get that from me! I have a whole room full of things to cure boredom, but they always resort to the t.v. until it gets turned off and they have to suffer through their boredom and go play outside!

Today I decided to just let them be, so I could do my thing. I wandered out to my craft room and came out with two pretty wreaths. The yellow one looks great on the front door and I love the tear drop glass beads in the center.  I'm very pleased with the red one. I'm thinking it's more of a christmas wreath though or maybe for July if I can find a blue star to hang in the middle of it.

We had an adventure with a coconut today. I guess it's been too long since I've bought a whole one. I was starting to wonder if the hammer was actually going to work! It was worth all that work!
Fruit Pizza!
2 sugar cookie rolls, cream cheese, bananas, kiwi & freshly shaved coconut = YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Wreaths are a great idea on a blah kind of day, very pretty. Love the fruit pizza but kiwi makes Mary's lips tingle (allergy) but I'm sure I could find another fruit we would both like...pineapple? Tell her it's an Hawaiian fruit pizza.
    Smile today. :)

    ReplyDelete