Friday, September 20, 2013

Pumpkin Jars

The How To..

I never did read the pin about how to paint on glass, but I figured out my way to make it work. I will definitely be making more of these, maybe later today!

What I used..
A large salsa jar, all cleaned up
paint brushes
orange, cream and metallic green acrylic paint
fake leaves
Elmers Spray Adhesive
Green Wired Sisal Rope
Hot Glue Gun
Exacto Knife
Clear Spray Sealer
Cardboard (open a cereal box all the way or use a shoebox)

First place your jar upside down with the lid off on the cardboard. Spray the outside of the jar & the top of the lid with Elmers Spray Adhesive. Let it dry all the way so it doesn't stick to your paint brush. (I've had my adventures with this spray adhesive, it's crazy sticky!)

Once it's dry paint a few coats of orange on the outside of the jar. Paint the lid with the metallic green paint. Set your lid to the side, since you're done with it now.

Once the orange paint is dry paint a layer of cream color on top of the orange. Let that dry.

Use the Exacto Knife to cut out a jack-o-lantern face (carefully). If you tug at the paint too much it will peel right off, so make sure you're cutting through all the paint. Once your pumpkin face is done place your jar upside down. Spray it with Sealer.

Use the Hot Glue Gun to stick your leaves to the bottom of the jar. Once that's dry, tie some sisal rope around the top of the jar and curl the ends. I added a few more leaves at the top.

When you light a candle on the inside it will glow orange!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment